There is a range of different throttle sets for flight simulation enthusiasts available. Virtual Fly has been manufacturing high-quality flight simulation hardware for a long time, and now it was time to take a closer look at Virtual Fly TQ6 Plus throttle quadrant. Inside the box, you will find the TQ6 Plus unit with a pre-attached USB cable, installation manual, and a few clamps to get it attached to your desk.
Setting up the TQ6 Plus is easy with the included clamps. You can either place it on the top of the desk or attach it hanging on the side of the desk. Regardless of the way you set it, you simply need to screw in the plate and tighten the clamps, fitting into thick desktops as well without problems. TQ6 Plus weighs 3 kilograms and has reasonable dimensions with no wasted space. Its overall build quality is super strong, with nice metallic plates throughout with high-quality plastic throttle levers.
Virtual Fly TQ6 Plus has detent sections included below each of the 6-axis with the ability to physically apply more pressure. This means you won’t accidentally go into the reverse-thrust mode or cut-off mixture completely. I haven’t seen anything like this in any other product and it’s both satisfying and incredibly realistic. Also, users can customize the amount of force they need to input for the levers by a small adjustment wheel on both sides of the throttle quadrant unit.
Once TQ6 Plus is set-up, controlling everything is smooth and precise and in sync with my actions, adding that next level of immersion you don’t realize until you try it. Virtual Fly flight simulation hardware family is known to be expensive, but they really are a top-class quality and best in its class. I would easily pay for a product that feels high-quality, is very long-lasting, and has some incredible features not found on any other throttle quadrant set.
- Hall effect magnetic sensors make this a Life-Long product
- High resolution, 12 bits of precision on all axes, doesn’t need calibration
- Adjustable strength on the levers traveling for a more accurate touch
- Reverse, feather, and cut-off functions with detention zone
- Adjust the pressure to the one you wish to exert on the controls
- Prepared for piston engines, turbo-propellers, and turbo-fan
- Each control is set at a different height and has a different color, just like on real aircraft
- Controls 100% manufactured from metal
- Power controls with the THROTTLE area and REVERSE area
- Propeller control with RPM variable pitch area and FEATHER area
- Mixing controls with a MIXTURE and CUT OFF area
- Compatible with Microsoft Flight Simulator, Prepar3D, and X-Plane
- Connectivity: USB
Note: Order the Virtual Fly TQ6 Plus here with free shipping!